Sunday, May 07, 2006

Lesson Learned? Always Check Your Pockets...

Last night I put a load of clothes in the washer before going to bed.
I have always been bad at checking my pockets before dumping everything in the washer. Often times I will take a load of wet clothing out of the wash to put it in the dryer, and in the process I will find lighters, cash, scraps of paper, a couple of times I even found my drivers license or ATM card.
However, this mornings find was a whole new jackpot. One I'd never imagined I would find in the washing machine.
My cell phone.
At first, I couldnt even get the thing to turn on, but after plugging it in to the charger, it would turn on (with visible watermarks all over the screen), but would not respond to any of the buttons. I couldnt dial, couldnt check my voicemail, couldnt even turn it back off. Off I went to the Sprint store. Chris, the representive who helped me, wasn't able to fix my phone but hooked me up with this model:

I got the pretty pink one. It's rather Hello-Kitty-ish, don't you think?
Chris was able to pull the majority of the phone numbers out of my old phone, but it's so "jacked up" (thats the technical term), that some were lost and they weren't able to be transfered over to my new phone.
Lesson learned? Always check my pockets before doing laundry!
I gotta go.... I have about 100 numbers to program into my new phone.

4 comments:

Valerie said...

oh man, that freakin stinks.

Vanessa said...

I know!
Thankfully I was eligible for an upgrade for a new phone so the cost was minimal.

Tanya Kristine said...

dude. funny.

i always put my phone in my cup holder and one time i stuck it in my cup holder without looking. when i got in the car the next morning, my phone was in a coffee cup that still had coffee in it.

didn't work anymore. but i'd be happy with phone like that!

i'm gonna go check it out.

kimananda said...

Cute phone!