Tuesday, May 30, 2006

I Have Two Choices...

I’m nearing thirty. I’m single and without children.
On both sides of my family, this is entirely unheard of. At the age of thirty, EVERY woman in my families are either married (or has been at one point), or had a child, or been in some sort of significant long term relationship.
I’ve realized that because of this difference, I can become known as one of two things:

A - The spinster daughter/grand-daughter/niece/sister/cousin

OR

B - The ecclectic daughter/grand-daughter/niece/sister/cousin who travels independently.

I’d rather be the latter.
This trip to Ireland was amazing, it was truly the realization of a life long dream.
The only drawback is that it has made me realize exactly how much I want to travel the world. How I want to experience the various cultures and lifestyles.
I’ve always said that I want to travel, now that I’ve had a taste of it I want it exponentially more. A list of places I want to go is beginning to grow:
Italy
France
Greece
Morocco
Egypt
Brazil
Chile
Russia
Argentina
Australia
Japan
Czech Republic
Iceland

Those are just the places I can think of off the top of my head, and it doesn’t even begin to include the places I want to see here in North America. I have a strong desire to visit both Chicago and Seattle. I’ve never been to either.

So, in order to achive the reputation of being the ecclectic relative who takes off to various parts of the world I’m going to have to visit at least one of these international locations each year. I’d also like to take off for 3 day weekends to domestic locations as well.
Now, I just have to figure out how to finance all of these trips.
Or, see if Rick Steves is looking for an apprentice of sorts.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a tour, It would be awesome:D
I hope u will Enjoy ur time in Egypt
And good luck with ur financing thing.
Cairo, Egypt
Zizo.

Tanya Kristine said...

damn girl. aim high.

and win the lottery. unless yo'ure independently rich becuase if you are, do you need a travel buddy : )

we might go to greece in december. never really wanted to go there but i'd bet i'll love it.

seattle is THE BOMB! so is portland though. and you should have Maine in September on that list.

Valerie said...

Been to Seattle. It's cool. Been to Australia too and that was FANTASTIC!!!!!! I spent 2 weeks there. I loved every single minute. Man, I want to go back.

Anonymous said...

Welcome back to the US of A! You hit the nail on the head -- the bad thing about traveling is that it makes you want to travel MORE AND MORE -- which of course requires mucho moolah. Unfortunately.

But I'm glad you had an awesome time!!! Can't wait to see those photos.

kimananda said...

Your plans of world domination, erm, travel sound great! If you end up near Copenhagen, I'll take you on a tour of the city!

Shananigans said...

When the travel bug bites, it bites hard! If I won the lottery the first thing I would do is go on a big, long international adventure. I spent a couple days in Copenhagen, it was lovely. I remember Tivoli was a good time, and I visited the famous little mermaid statue in the harbor.