Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Ok, so I'm a little lazy....

You want an Ireland Fact of the Day?
I'll be there in 45 days.
OH, something about Ireland itself, okay then.....

Guinness initially started brewing porters and ales in Leixlip. Guinness wasn't brewed at the famed St. James Gate brewery in Dublin until 1759 when Arthur Guinness signed a 9,000 year lease at the price of £45 annually. 1769 was the first time Guinness was exported when six and a half barrels were shipped to England.
Guinness only has 198 calories per imperial pint - this is less than an equal sized serving of skim milk.
The Guinness Brewery also produces Harps, Smithwicks and Kilkenny beers.

and yes, I believe I will be paying a visit to the brewery while I'm in Dublin.

2 comments:

Shananigans said...

Yay beer! Be sure to bone up on your Irish drinking songs before you go.

Anonymous said...

You are so lucky to be going to Ireland! It's somewhere I have always wanted to travel. I've made it close to there, but always missing it. I just hope it will be at least a little bit sunny and warm when you go. After all this rain we have had in Sacramento, we could all use a bit of sun.

Kim