Saturday, September 17, 2005

I went.

I did go through with what I said last night and I joined WW this morning.
The first weigh in was daunting. I knew that I'd gained back most of that 60 lbs I had lost last year. I estimated that I'd gained back 40 lbs based upon what size clothing I'm wearing now, but I was curious to find out exactly how much I'd gained.
I havent gained 40 lbs.
I've gained 65.
So depressing.
This afternoon I thought about how brave I would be as far as the extent of my contact about weight loss goes.
Will I put my starting weight out there and update along with my current weight and total loss each week?
I can't do that.
I'm not that brave.
So I've decided that I'll just be updating how much I've loss each week.
Maybe one day when Ive lost a considerable amount I'll be able to put my starting weight up here, but I just can't do that now.
I'm also going to be setting mini-goals for myself and rewarding myself along the way. Nothing big - just little treats here & there.
My first goal - to lose 20 lbs. I'm not positive of what my reward will be then. I'm thinking a manicure and/or pedicure but am open to suggestions.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

yo go girl! you can do it! you are amazing to already - being a mom for your three nieces. I vote for manicure in your favorite color!

kimananda said...

I second anonymous...you can definitely do it! And, remember, it isn't just what the scales say. If you find that your clothes are a bit looser, or that you can wear something that you haven't been able to wear for a while, then brag about it!

And how about a manicure and facial? Facials are cool.

Susan said...

You can do it! I have faith!

Valerie said...

mani or pedi for a reward??? oh man, I must be AWESOME cuz I reward myself faithfully every two weeks. CRAP!

How about something like a new pair of shoes or a purse??? Or like Kim said, a facial.

Anyway, you can do it. Good luck girl!

Jana said...

hang in there vannessa! i stuggle with weight too, my thyoid is screwed and i had a baby last year. i need to lose about 50 to get to a point that i like myself at. its hard, i know. the ww message boards are great, and you can see that people there have lost considerable amounts of weight. it is possible!!!!