Wednesday, July 06, 2005

I actually did it.

For the past year I have been saying that when my hair grows out long enough I would be cutting it off to donate to Locks of Love.
Sunday, I did it. I just could not take the July heat in Sacramento any longer with how thick & heavy my hair is. It was down to my waist and now barely hits my shoulders. I feel good about it - everyone asks if I cried when they cut it but I was okay in knowing that it was going to a good cause and would probably make some little girl happy.
However, I do feel naked. I mean I spent the past year and a half growing out this massive amount of hair and its just gone.

2 comments:

~drew emborsky~ said...

Good for you! What a selfless thing to go.

Jana said...

that's amazing vanessa! my dad is undergoing chemo right now. i dont think he will get a wig, but its nice to know people like you do that kind of thing:) my hair grows sooo slow it would take me 10 years to do that! haha