Sunday, March 01, 2009

Super Lazy Weekend.. Well, Not Really

I had two photography jobs this weekend - both were for a non-profit charity, photographing a childrens fashion show. It was for next to no pay, but I have zero experience photographing fashion shows, so I figure that it got me some experience out of it and I was able to learn that I don't particularly care to photograph fashion shows - at least not low budget ones that have horrible lighting that create a nightmare for me to go through and make lighting corrections in photoshop afterwards.
Saturday, the job was in Emeryville, and today the job was here in Sacramento.
Yesterday, on the way to Emeryville, I stopped off in Fairfield on the way to drop Cooper off at my aunts house so that he could play with her dogs all day. He LOVED it, it really tired him out and drained him of all energy. He SLEPT like you wouldn't believe last night, and so did I. I am severely allergic to cats, and my aunt has a couple, so when I stopped off at her house in the morning I started having reactions. My aunt gave me one of her Zyrtec, and while this is one of the few drugs that typically doesn't make me drowsy, it did make me drowsy yesterday. I had taken it at about 9 in the morning, and thankfully it didn't cause the drowsiness until that evening. However, once it kicked in, it kicked it... and it kicked in about 1/2 way home from Fairfield. I got home around 6:30 last night and thought that I would just take an hour or so nap to sleep off the drugs. I didn't wake up until about 10:30, and then only got up long enough to get something to eat, then I was back in bed until 9 this morning when I had to get up for todays job. I got home around 4, and again went to bed - this time only until about 7pm. Once up, I ran a bunch of errands and fixed dinner. Considering how little I've actually been awake this weekend, I've gotten a decent amount of chores done.
Tomorrow is Coopers first obedience class. I'm hopeful that he'll do well, he can be a stubborn little bugger though.
This is one of my favorite photos of him from the dog park. He just looks like he's having so much fun!

No comments: